Tuesday, October 6, 2009

P. Z. Visit

Monday nights talk by P. Z. was excellent.  We had a turn out that almost filled the entire theater.  P. Z. has already posted on his blog his visit.  New skeptics signed up and I already put them on the email list.  I have trouble contacting people if they do not put their emails.  A couple creationists showed up and the usual round of arguements from them.  Nothing new, same old stuff.  Shifting the questions from the speakers area of expertise.  Saying we are looking at the same evidence, we are but creationist just denying the evidence.  Talking about presuppositions they say that scientist have presuppositions just like them.  Scientists do, they are called hypothesis.  If the hypothesis fails a test it is thrown out.  If a creationists presupposition fails the test, they throw out the test. 
P. Z. held his own well.  I wish I had more time to show him around town.  He is geniunely a pleasant and nice guy, despite what the creationists say.  He is busy traveling, giving talks and writing a book.  His book will be in the same vein as the The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins.  I can hardly wait. 
Pictures will come a little later and I will post a video of the talk on this blog when I get it.
Peace
Skeptical DoDo

No comments: