Thursday, September 2, 2010

Acupuncture In the Spa

While I was gone I was intrigued by the use of acupuncture in the spa on the ship. The following was posted on the ship: ACUPUNCTURE A Life-Changing Introduction, You're invited to this Complimentary Seminar, Did you know that Acupuncture has been around for thousands of years and can be used to treat a wide variety of ailments. Learn how acupuncture can improve your life. Sunday; At Sea, 10:30 am Explorer's Lounge 2, Lily Wei, MAcOM, Lac, Licensed Acupuncturist and Chinese Herbal Practitioner, Greenhouse Spa and Salon, Lido Deck, 9. For appointments or complimentary consultation please dial 94. The Green House Spa and Salon.
I was tempted to go and bash it, but I promised my wife that I wouldn't. Several things, cruise ships offer a whole range of services and gimmicks to separate guests from there money. These are extras in addition to the cost of the cruise and shore excursions, which are the reason for going. But what was interesting to me is the advertisements called on all the old worn out calling cards of woo. Ancient, unknown knowledge, and will cure just about anything and everything. But it has now entered the world of the spa, a SPA! You know where you get massages, facials, etc. They also offered putting different herbs and vitamins in a sack and pound your back with it. I don't quite know what this is suppose to do. Or how they are suppose to work since they are used externally, not internally. Oh, well it kept me entertained to say the least.

Peace
Skeptical DoDo

No comments: