Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Agora

I have just finished reviewing the movie Agora. It will never show here in Minot. The movie is well done and Rachael Wiez is simple great in it. The special effects are stupendous. The movie has a lot to say about our world with respect to fundamental Islam, and the fundamentalist right wing Christians in this country. The extremes of religion are intolerant and impose its own belief system on others under threat of punishment. I like one line in the movie: "You don't question your beliefs, I must." Great, Great and doubly GREAT. It really makes one think. And if the likes of Palin and O'Donnell get into office we will have belief imposed and science and free inquiry will suffer. I very much recommend this movie. I am showing it at CFM Friday the 22 at 7 PM. If you want to see it come. You will impress you.
Peace
Skeptical DoDo

No comments: