Thursday, November 11, 2010

Bad Science

I have to recommend to you a book that is a joy to read. I laughed at times so very hard I thought I was going to pass out. It is a serious book however, written by very cleaver young man from the U.K. Ben Goldacre called: "Bad Science Quacks, Hacks and Big Pharma Flacks". I have also put in the interesting other sites his web site by the same name: "Bad Science". He not only shoots down the quacks and exposes them for what they are, in rather direct and humorous language, but also takes on the pharmaceutical companies. First the pharmaceutical companies he shows how they manipulate the data to get it published and make money. But he also shows that despite that and with controls in place, not to say there shouldn't be more, he shows how the quacks absolutely have no data to back up their assertions. I also love the way he goes after the nutritionists trying to camouflage their noise with sciency sounding stuff. This is a great book and now available here in the U.S. and Canada. If interested he even has some great videos showing him doing his stuff to the quacks on Youtube. I heartily recommend this book highly.
Peace Skeptical DoDo

No comments: