Monday, July 13, 2009

Doubters Club?

The other day I heard someone say "Oh, that is just the that Doubters Club". I thought about that a lot. It was obviously said in a disparaging manner. What is the opposite of doubt? It is accepting anything and everything. NO proof, no evidence, just accept as face value. And that is just it, face value may be worthless, like a counterfeit bill. It has value printed on it, but it is worth nothing. If you believe or accept anything and everything then what gives your beliefes any value at all. The answer is nothing. Your whole belief system is worthless because you accept it all. If your belief system is worthless then as a person then you are worthless. It leads to being taken advantage of, and easily at that. All your pronouncements, ideas, opinions, and passion are not worth anything. In short you stand for nothing. If you stand for nothing then why should anyone listen to what you have to say? So I am proud to be a doubter, a skeptic because what I do believe, what I do say, my opinions, my values and passions are based on evidence and therefore proved. That gives them and me value, and it is not counterfeit.

Remember this Wed at 7 PM at the Public Library the Faith Panel. See you there.
Peace
Skeptical DoDo

1 comment:

Hon Sec said...

Have you heard of this website?

http://doubtersclub.org