Monday, June 20, 2011

Congressman Rick Berg Response to a Letter

CFI did a action letter about cutting funds to Planned Paranthood which I signed and had sent to our Congressman Rick Berg. I received a reply in the following:

Dear ______:

Thank you for the informing me of your opposition to pro-life legislation currently under consideration by Congress. I appreciate hearing from you on this important matter.

At a time when Congress must make difficult decisions to reduce the size of the federal government and reduce Washington's spending, I do not believe that our taxpayers' hard-earned money should be used to fund any organization that performs abortion services, of which many North Dakotans are morally and ethically opposed.

One of the federal government's key roles is to protect those who cannot protect themselves. As such, I cannot support legislation that would jeopardize the lives of unborn children who are unable to advocate for themselves. For my part, I will continue to represent the people of North Dakota and vote to protect life.

Again, thank you for contacting me on this very important issue. It is an honor to represent North Dakota in Congress, and I never forget that I work for you and the people of our great state. If you have any additional thoughts or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me at my Fargo, Bismarck or Washington DC office.

Sincerely
Rick Berg.

To this letter I did write a reply and will publish it tomorrow.

Peace
Skeptical DoDo

No comments: